Thursday 2 December 2010

Another SNOWY day.....

... but I have finished making and writing my Christmas cards, which is a FIRST - I am usually the person who posts them on Christmas Eve and expects them to be delivered the next day. I took some photos for my blog a couple of days ago and have forgotten what they are of, so I will have to take a look when they have uploaded onto the computer....

And here is a hungry jackdaw finding things in the garden...

  
The view from my front door on Tuesday morning - I had the day off to wait in for the boiler being repaired, but the engineer was stuck in traffic and didn't turn up!

You haven't seen the crochet for a little while - so here it is - progressing slowly!


One of the kids I used to childmind (and a friend) knocked on the door on Tuesday afternoon - obviously bored because school was closed, I invited them to call in for juice and biscuits after they had been sledging on the golf course ... I managed to make biscuits, but the coconut cupcakes were still in the oven.






After an hour and a half at beading class - this is what I produced - it will eventually grow up to be a bracelet!



This is the card that I received in the Craft Stamper Trade It swap - many thanks to May Hunt for this little 3 inch square Christmas Card.



And here is one I received from Suzanne; you can't see from the photo but the snowflakes are punched out and glittery paper is stuck behind.  Very pretty.


I was sent home from work early yesterday, because it was snowing heavily, but unfortunately there were no buses, but it was quite a pleasant five and a half hour walk.  I'd certainly risk doing again.  It might have been a bit quicker, but I stopped from a curry lunch at Carlisle Business Centre on the way and then I stopped at the Range and Morrisons to buy some more Christmas cards and do a bit of shopping, and then I stopped at Alun and Julie's for a coffee.... Maybe I could do it in three hours next time!!!

So, even though I don't work on a Friday - tomorrow morning I am off to work if the buses are OK to get there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The snow is beautiful! It's just starting to turn cold here. Your beading projects are looking lovely! Thank you for posting them. :)

Jerri