Saturday 6 June 2009

City and Guilds 2nd year work


I have finally started my projects for the second year of City and Guilds Patchwork and quilting. Here is the top of the box which I am making - I have started on the sides and will put them on my blog soon. The design is from a photo taken at the end of my road and it has been stylised as Clarice Cliff. My son had painted me a picture when he was 12 showing the viaduct and the sun in those colours and style and I added to them to make to design for the box lid. It is stuck together using bondaweb and machine couched cotton knitting yarn along the joins. I have taken elements of the design to use for the sides of the lid. The base is going to be plain, but I haven't decided what colour yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have just seen Davinas box in person and it is lovely. The inside is bright turquoise and contrasts really well with the black and orange.
Davina was telling me today about how to be a 'blogger', so I have opened myself one of these wonderful pages. So, if you are reading this, have a look at my page too please! It is called "Chardon Quilting" Thanks Jackie